Saturday, August 29, 2009

The end of summer....

Sad to say, but it's true. Summer is almost over. I haven't blogged much this summer because things have been sort of slow in bellydance-land, so I haven't had so much to talk about! Summers are usually my slow season - most of the gig-requests I get are from people looking for hula dancers for their luau. If I have to explain the difference between Middle Eastern dance and music, and Polynesian dance and music one more time, I'll scream. I think part of the lull this summer was also due to the economy. Of course, bellydancers are a considered a "luxory item" (because, even though we like to think we are necessary in order to have a good time, you actually can have a fun party sans bellydancers...).

I kept busy with the Aradia workshop and show, teaching my classes, and performing at Hush many Sunday evenings. I do have a few stories to share from those experiences, but I'll save them for another day, and another post. ;-)

But, with the fall comes more bookings. I just got back from a great gig out in NJ (very funny birthday boy!), and I have jobs booked the next few weekends. So, now that I am back in bellydance mode, I am also back in blog mode!! I'll be posting more and more in the weeks to come, hopefully with new stories to share!

So, how did you spend YOUR summer vacation?

No comments: