Thursday, April 5, 2007

9 days till showtime!!

The show is almost here!! In a way, I can't wait for it to get here. I know it will be a success and it will be nice to get back to "normal" life (and to get back to bellydance class where I can actually DANCE, rather than just critique my students dancing to my choreographies). But in a way I feel like I need more time. I'm not ready!! I just finished my solo, surely one week is not enough time to perfect it, right? And my students, don't they need more time to practice?!

Of course, we don't need more time. We have been getting ready for this show for months. Some of the choreographies were even started last summer. We are as ready as we will ever be.

For some reason, no matter how much time I have to prepare for a show, there is always a little something inside me wishing I had more time. I guess that's a natural part of pre-performance jitters, right? The logical half of my brain tells me that we are so very prepared for this show, and we are all going to kick *ss. But sometimes my neurotic, not-so-logical side gets the best of me.

For those of you who are in the show, how are you feeling right now? How are you dealing with it? For those of you not in the show, have you ever had pre-performance jitters? For what? How did you deal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Daniella!!!! I know we all (yourself included Miss Daniella)have prepared and practiced and prepared some more, but it does not feel like enough. Pre-show jitters, worries and nerves have totally kicked in with me. I have not been able to sleep, even less than normal and all of my nervous tendencies (Kim you were a witness to them) kicked in last week. Trying to relax so far consisted of working out, spending time running after and playinng with my 1 1/2 old niece and having dinner & much needed drink with you gals.I am trying put in prospective that maybe everyone else is also feeling them same way and the show will hopefully go off without a hitch. Does anyone have nay tips?

Anonymous said...

who you telling?!?!?... i cant even pick a song to do my solo to. can you believe songs that always moved me before i cant connect with now...and the show is a week away...aye ya yayyyyy. i'm sure its just pre-show jitters.